Book your place now for the out-of-home market’s biggest conversation on navigating a post-lockdown future – online on November 18.
Labour shadow chancellor Anneliese Dodds MP, influential farmers’ leader Minette Batters, UK Hospitality chief executive Kate Nicholls, top developer and Urban Splash founder Tom Bloxham, Soho Estates founder John James, restaurant and pub entrepreneur Karen Jones CBE and Fullers CEO Simon Emeny are all on the speakers’ roster for The BIG Peach 2020 Digital Experience.
Although we are online this year, we want the industry to be totally involved, so if you want to put a question to any of the speakers and panelists, just register for the event, and email your contribution to me and we’ll be selecting the best to be answered on the day,” said Peach 2020 founder and CGA vice president Peter Martin.
Labour’s Anneliese Dodds will be questioned by Kate Nicholls on a whole range of policy issues affecting the pub, bar and restaurant sector, from combatting COVID to reviving the economy to trade deals.
NFU president Minette Batters joins Nicholls and conference co-chair Peter Martin to give her industry’s vision for the future of food and drink production and supply in Britain post-Brexit, what should and shouldn’t be included in trade deals and how agriculture and hospitality can work more closely together.
CGA’s group CEO Phil Tate, who will set the scene with CGA’s analysis of the emerging market landscape, its changing shape, trading trends, industry confidence and new consumer habits, said: “We have designed a digital event to allow you, our friends, colleagues and partners, to come together to examine and discuss the critical trends and issues shaping the new challenging, hospitality landscape – and then with the awards presentation to recognize and celebrate the tenacity, ingenuity and inspiration this new market reality has generated.”
More high-profile speakers will be announced next week. The conference will also feature specialist break-out discussions, hosted by the CGA team, which attendees can register for separately. The day’s programme will culminate with the presentation of the 2020 Peach Hero & Icon Awards.
Broadcast live from the CGA Peach 2020 studio in central London on November 18, the out-of-home sector’s biggest conversation will feature the industry’s best minds discussing the resetting, reimagining and rebuilding of the future market,” said Martin.
To join in the day’s events, registration is now open.
The BIG Peach 2020 Digital Experience programme goes ‘on air’ at 1.30pm on November 18. The schedule looks like this:
1.30pm – Introduction and welcome – live studio session with Peter Martin and Kate Nicholls
- Peter and Kate in conversation about the lessons of the year to date and political challenges ahead
- CGA group CEO Phil Tate will join to provide CGA’s view of the new market landscape – changing shape, trading trends, industry confidence and new consumer habits
- Live questions from audience
2.00pm – The Kate Nicholls political conversation – Kate talks policy with Shadow Chancellor of the Exchequer Anneliese Dodds MP
2.25pm – Interval, with multiple online break-out sessions led by the CGA team, including:
- New touch points: where the real world meets virtual
- Investing in future growth: where are the opportunities?
- Breaking down the barriers – for teams and customers
(more details of topics and how to book places to be announced shortly)
2.55pm – Head to Head interview
- Peter Martin interviews a major international figure from the restaurant and bar market
3.20pm – Re-imagining the urban trading environment
- Tom Bloxham, Urban Splash
- John James, Soho Estates
- Suzanne Rosnowski, Relevance International
3.50 – ONLINE NETWORKING BREAK
4.15pm – Keeping supply chains open: interview with NFU president Minette Batters
- The session will examine the future of our food and drink post Brexit and trade deals and the consumer pressures influencing the direction of travel.
4.40pm – The Leaders’ panel – Peter & Kate interviewing ‘live’ leaders from across the restaurant, pub and bar market, including the chair of Prezzo, Hawksmoor and Mowgli, Karen Jones CBE
5.10 – it’s a Wrap – with Peter and Kate summing up the big issues.
5.20pm – BREAK for drinks!
5.30pm – THE 2020 PEACH HERO & ICON AWARDS CEREMONY
- We reveal the winners of this year’s prestigious trophies, with new categories to reflect the sector’s resilience and creativity over the last months.
- We will hear from the winners about their experiences
- Short-lists will be announced in the week of October26
More speakers will be announced in the days running up to November 18.
If you would like to attend, support or otherwise get involved, please register your interest.