When it comes to building successful foodservice operations and leaders, there are key questions to consider, says globally renowned leadership guru Jim Sullivan, who is back in the UK on March 27 for his one-off UK Leadership Masterclass.
The most important of those are:
- Why do some teams outperform other teams doing the exact same work?
- If everyone agrees that the “fundamentals” are so important in foodservice operations then why are they executed on some shifts and not consistently on others?
- What are the best demonstrated practices of high-performing Directors and Multiunit Leaders across the foodservice?
- What will the most successful foodservice leaders be doing differently by 2020? What will the average ones be doing the same?
- Who in the foodservice industry has the lowest employee turnover and why?
- Does analogue-style leadership make sense in a Digital Age?
- How do we create a culture that employees are striving to get in to instead of out of?
- Most importantly, how can we become the kind of company that would put us out of business?
Jim Sullivan will be on hand to provide practical answers to those questions when he presents his one-day Masterclass in the auditorium at 30 Euston Square, London, on March 27. Details of how to book places for you and your teams can be found below.
No-one has a better reputation in global hospitality than Jim for nurturing and enthusing tomorrow’s leaders. His workshops, products and programs are used globally by companies like Walt Disney, Marriott, Starbucks, Wetherspoons, Wagamama, McDonald’s, Apple, Shake Shack, KFC, Burger King, Five Guys, Costa Coffee, Chick-fil-A, Panera Bread and more.
This full-day, fun and interactive Masterclass will examine the five essential leadership behaviours of the most successful foodservice leaders and brands and Jim will share over one hundred practical strategies and tactics that you can immediately apply in your brand, restaurants or bars.
Who should attend: Concept founders, CEOs, operations directors, area managers, GMs, shift leaders, people directors, trainers, marketing directors, foodservice suppliers, and high-potential team members being groomed for leadership roles
What you’ll learn: Over 100 specific and creative strategies and tactics to build like-for-like sales, improve customer service, lower employee churn, and build the next generation of leadership on your brand and teams. Divided into five distinct Leadership Categories, you’ll be able to apply the strategies immediately back in your foodservice operation. Jim will also detail the best-demonstrated practices of the USA’s most profitable foodservice chains.
Categories we’ll cover: Leadership, Team-Building, Service-Energizing, Sales-Building, Marketing, Cost Control, Menu Merchandising, Third-party Delivery, Employee Retention, Best Practices in Employee Training & Development, and more.
Here’s some of what you’ll learn – and learn how to teach:
- The seven best recruiting strategies for finding high-performing team members and managers
- 10 smart ways to teach your teams to serve better and sell more, every shift
- How to apply habitual consistency to process, performance and productivity every day
- The three things a manager should never say to team members before a shift
- The 12 things every employee wants from their company (and seven reasons why we fail)
- The best technologies to use to train and develop team members
- Four ways to ensure new employees are on-boarded effectively
- The five New Rules of Leadership in the Digital Age
- 21 ways to connect to the community surrounding your restaurant
- Why “time management” is dead and how to plan your day instead
- 31 operational best practices from the USA’s 10 most profitable chains
- And much, much, more…
DATE, VENUE, PRICING
Wednesday, March 27, 2019
30 Euston Square
Timing 9.15am Registration 10.00am Starts 11.30am Coffee break 1.00pm Lunch 2.00pm Resumes 4.30pm Finish
- Single ticket: £430
- 3 to 5 places: £400
- 6 to 9 places: £380
- 10 to 19 places: £360
- 20 plus places: £330
(price per person, ex VAT)
HOW TO BOOK PLACES
To book your places or enquire about availability please email our event coordinator Sophie Spedding – via firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about the course do contact event producer Peter Martin on email@example.com or call 07889 209896.
BROUGHT TO YOU BY…
UK industry veterans Peter Martin and Ian Neill are co-producing this one-off event, with organization through boutique consultancy CM&Co. Both Ian and Peter will be joining Jim on stage on the day.
In partnership with
“You work in your business every day. Attend the Masterclass and spend a day working ON your business. Enter as a manager, leave as a leader. This is the only public seminar that Jim Sullivan will present in the UK in 2019. Bring your entire team. We’ll see you there!”