The ‘Donald Trump of Tripadvisor’, the drink industry guru who is behind one of the world’s best bars in the World and one of the leading forces in Sensory Gastronomy. These are just some of the exciting and innovative speakers at YFood’s Insight & Innovation: Eating & Drinking Out Day. YFood wants to showcase where experience, efficiencies and new business models can shape the industry.
On 2nd May 2018 at The Dutch Hall, YFood will host their first completely hospitality focused food tech event along with event partners RSM and Flyt which will reveal some of the world’s most cutting-edge food tech companies.
Attendees will get the chance to taste innovative food and drink and experience the technology of the future for themselves, whilst learning about the trends and innovations that can help operators stay at the forefront and increase their margins.
Nadia El Hadery, Founder and CEO of YFood says: “This event is not a conference, nor a trade show. There’s no walking for hours or choosing which talk to go to out of hundreds. It’s a high energy, fun, dynamic event designed to deliver real business value. We do the hard work for you, using YFood’s experience and expertise to navigate through the complex world of technology and innovation and curate the most exciting, cutting-edge and commercial solutions for your business.”
YFood’s signature style of events turns traditional talks on their head. Some of the speakers include:
- Food writer and critic, William Sitwell, moderating the day
- Oobah Butler, the ‘Donald Trump of TripAdvisor’ and writer for Vice, the Guardian and Shortlist, telling the story of how he made his shed the number one restaurant in London on TripAdvisor without serving a single meal.
- World-renowned Mr Lyan, the creator of one of the World’s 50 Best Cocktail Bars (Dandelyan at the Mondrian) and complete disruptor to the drinks industry sharing his innovative approach to sustainable and tasty drinks.
- PizzaExpress and Flyt will be sharing learnings and insights from their collaboration in their signature ‘Marriage Made in Food Tech Heaven’ series which celebrate corporate and startup collaborations.
- Kitchen Theory who are pushing the multi-sensory boundaries and bringing science and gastronomy together in incredible ways.
- WIRED UK Top 100 startup Karma, the Swedish app fighting food waste by enabling restaurants to sell surplus food to consumers at a lower price.
- Leaders from citizenM and Pho along with other operators will be discussing their success and where they see the potential for tech in the industry.
- Investors Mustard Seed will share their reasons for investing in industry disruptor Winnow in the YFood signature Pitch the Startup series which sees investors pitching instead of startups!
- BackLight will share their groundbreaking story of creating a virtual reality training programme for Sodexo which has already seen up to 50% decrease in accidents.
Not one to stop at exciting speakers, YFood also creates an incredible and one-of-a-kind evening showcase where they hand curate the hottest Food Tech disruptors, such as Evogro, City Pantry, Tenzo and Yumpingo, and the most innovative Food and Drink for attendees to discover, taste and meet.
Operators, Hospitality leaders and restaurants that attend will immerse themselves in new hospitality tech and discover innovations in Drinks Tech. They will find out how engaging all the senses can completely change taste perceptions and how it can be applied to their businesses and how influencers are changing the marketing game and breaking all the rules.
This event is a must attend if you want new insights to apply to your own business and the connections to build new partnerships and find investment opportunities to stay ahead of the competition in the highly competitive hospitality industry.
Those looking to get more of an inside look at what’s in store at the YFood Insight & Innovation: Eating and Drinking Out Day can visit http://bit.ly/2GPDwfe. A standard ticket costs £299 + VAT with 2/3 off for Food Tech startups.
Readers of the CGA blog can get 20% off using code CGA-INSIGHT until May 1st or until tickets last! The event runs from 1pm – 9pm at the Dutch Hall, 7 Austin Friars, London, EC2N 2HA