International business leaders and market experts will share insights on the post-opening restaurant and bar landscape at next week’s special joint Atlantic Club CGA webinar.
The ‘Rebooting restaurants and bars: the global experience’ session will be live on-line with an international audience and panel on Tuesday June 23, from 4.30pm to 6pm BST (UK time), 11.30am – 1.00pm EST (US).
Latest names to join the speakers line-up are US marketing executives Sarah Grover and Stacey Kane, the inspiration and driving force behind The Great American Take Out, the impromptu marketing campaign that’s galvanised both the US restaurant market.
The event will be chaired by CGA vice president and Atlantic Club founder Peter Martin.
Introduction from host Peter Martin, founder of Atlantic Club and VP at CGA.
Session 1: Consumer sentiment and inventive marketing
- Changing expectations – Alexandra Martin, US retail services director at CGA’s US operation Nielsen CGA, presents the latest insight into consumer behaviour in the UK, US and China, with analysis of trading patterns from already reopened American markets.
- The Great American Take Out – co-creator Sarah Grover and adopter Stacey Kane on the impromptu marketing campaign that’s gripped the US.
Session 2: Evolving operations – what will change, what will stick?
- Beyond the Perspex screen – Philip Harrison, founder of international design specialist Harrison, and Terry Varner, president of US-based construction business Herman/Stewart, on how convenience, technology, and the need for a new kind of experience are reshaping thinking.
- The talent trap – Luke Fryer, NYC restaurant owner and founder of the Harri people platform, considers how the demands of and on the workforce will reshape business.
Session 3: We’re open!
- Front-line perspectives from the US, UK and Europe, with:
- David McDowall, group COO at international brewer and bar operator BrewDog;
- Jason Berry, CEO of Washington DC-based restaurant and bar business KNEAD Hospitality;
- Yavuz Pehlivanlar, COO of 50Eggs, with brands including Yardbird and Spring Chicken in Miami, Las Vegas, Los Angeles and Singapore;
- Nancy Kruse, the leading US menu trends expert, based in Atlanta, with a special focus on the move to ‘cut-down offers’.
Summing up by Peter Martin.
“As none of us can be sure when we’ll be able to get on a plane again for face-to-face gatherings, like the rest of business Atlantic Club is going virtual, beginning with this special webinar with CGA,” said Peter Martin.
“Senior executives and entrepreneurs exchanging ideas and experiences is at the heart of what Atlantic Club is about, and at this time of crisis there is much to learn from around the globe about how the market is adapting.
“CGA has unrivalled global data and insight, and our panel has experience from a variety of markets. While David is still waiting for the UK to reboot, he has businesses already operating in the US and Europe, while Jason and Yavuz have between them bars and restaurants in DC, Miami, Las Vegas and the Far East. And no-one has a better grip on how eating habits are evolving than Nancy. So we hope you can join the discussion,” Martin added.
*Atlantic Club is an exclusive international forum, for senior executives and entrepreneurs from across the out-of-home food and drink market to share best practice, gain new insights and connect and learn from both global and local experts.